- Dit evenement is voorbij.
Capitalism, Free Trade, and Globalization – A Liberty & Markets Conference
november 2, 2017 - november 5, 2017
Co-sponsored by Liberty Fund, Inc., this programs is an intellectually demanding and stimulating weekend conference that explores the foundations of liberty in a mixture of graduate-level text-based Socratic discussion and lecture sessions. This conference is for Acton alumni who are currently enrolled or have recently completed graduate level work.
The purpose of this conference on Capitalism, Free Trade, and Globalization is to provide an introduction to and exploration of the related subjects of free trade and globalization, with particular emphasis on the interrelated institutions of capitalism and morality. Given that the free exchange of goods, services, and capital between peoples and societies is so essential to individual liberty and a prosperous world, this conference is well-suited those currently involved in the study or discussions of globalization, “fair trade,” and developing economics. Moreover, this is an especially important topic given that globalization has become such a lightning rod in political discourse around the world and a phenomenon exploited by people inimical to liberty. The first part of this conference will focus on the classic economic and political rationales for the policies of free trade and protectionism. The second part will explore the relationship between the institutions of capitalism, morality, and globalization.
- This conference will consist of 2 lecture sessions and 6 Socratic discussion sessions.
- The discussion sessions are text-based and so selected participants are required to prepare appropriately and participate fully in all conference sessions.
- Readings will be provided to all accepted participants.
- This conference is for Acton alumni who are currently enrolled or have recently completed graduate level work