Initiators of the Consultation
The Future Markets Consultation is an initiative of an interdisciplinary group of researchers from four Dutch universities. In the past years they have been working on the research project ‘What Good Markets Are Good For’. The Moral markets web portal was established as part of this project, but aims to be a platform for anybody working on or interested in the same topic.
Prof. dr. Govert Buijs
Academic chair of the consultation
Prof. dr. Govert Buijs is Frits Goldschmeding Chair for Civil Society & Economics at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. He leads the Future Markets Consultation and is the author of the starter paper for the consultation.
Prof. dr. Jan Peter Balkenende
Main author of the final consultation report
The input generated by the consultation will result in a final report written under the auspices of prof. dr. Jan Peter Balkenende, former Prime Minister of the Netherlands and currently among others Professor of Governance, Institutions and Internationalization at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Peter d’Angremond, Executive Director of FairTrade Nederland
- Barbara Baarsma, Professor of Market Forces & Competition Issues @ University of Amsterdam
- Bas van Bavel, Professor of Economic & Social History @ Utrecht University
- Dirk Bezemer, Professor of Economics of International Financial Development @ University of Groningen
- Wilmar Bolhuis, Assistant Professor of Economics @ Leiden University
- Arnoud Boot (chair of the Advisory Board), Professor of Corporate Finance & Financial Markets @ University of Amsterdam
- Lans Bovenberg, Professor of Economics @ Tilburg University
- Steven van Eijck, member of the Social & Economic Council of the Netherlands
- Johan Graafland, Professor of Economics, Business & Ethics @ Tilburg University
- Irene van Staveren, Professor of Pluralist Development Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Jaap Winter, Professor of Law, Markets & Behavior @ Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam