- Business & Society
- Business Ethics Quarterly
- Journal of Business Ethics
- Business Ethics: A European Review
- Journal of Corporate Citizenship
- Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Unternehmensethik
- Journal of Public Economics
He has written two volumes on markets and ethics:
- Economics, Ethics and the Market: Introduction and Applications (Routledge, 2007);
- The Market, Happiness and Solidarity: A Christian Perspective (Routledge, 2010).
During 2010-2013 he conducted a major research project into Corporate Social Responsibility in Europe on behalf of the European Union, in which 13,500 companies from 12 European countries provided data for a large survey developed by prof. Graafland. Recently, Graafland has written several articles on Calvin, economics and the credit crisis, on Aristotle’s and Adam Smith’s virtue ethics in relation to markets, and on MacIntyre’s virtue ethics and professional ethics in the financial sector. Prof. Graafland is currently editor of the section on Adam Smith in the Handbook on Virtue Ethics in Business and Management (to be published in 2015 by Springer). In 2014 Graafland published an article on the relationship between economic freedom, trust, GPD and happiness in the Journal of Happiness Studies.
Sub-Project(s) in the Good Markets Project
Selection of Publications
Journal of Business Ethics, (66), pp. 53-70, 2006.
Business Ethics: A European Review, 15 (4), pp. 390-406, 2006.