Business Ethics Network Africa Conference
November 8 - November 9
Ethics, governance and leadership as drivers for African growth
The conference is an international platform for stakeholders from the private sector, the public sector, non-profit organisations and academia to come together to reflect, to discuss and to respond to the opportunities and challenges related to promoting ethics, governance and sustainability in African contexts. Inputs from and about the region, as well as contributions dealing with Africa’s position with respect to other world regions will be considered.
The conference theme is ‘Ethics, Governance & Leadership as driver for African growth’. Any paper that addresses this theme, or the wider theme of business ethics in Africa, will be considered.
Suggested sub-themes include:
- The role of Ethics Functions (or Ethics Officers) in organisations as drivers for African growth
- The role of Social & Ethics Committees in organisations as drivers for African growth.
- Trade-offs between Ethics, Governance and Leadership versus growth
- The organizational interface between compliance and Ethics, Governance and Leadership
- Exploring the sustainability agenda: challenges & opportunities for developing contexts.
- Transparency in the reporting of social and ethics performance.
- Integrated reporting and Ethics, Governance and Leadership
- How Ethics, Governance and Leadership assist in combatting corruption
- Developed vs. developing contexts: contextual factors shaping the Ethics, Governance and Leadership agendas.
- Principles, practices, and policies for promoting responsible leadership / governance / ethics / sustainable development in African contexts.
- Measurements and measures for promoting responsible leadership / good governance / ethics / sustainability in the corporate, NGO, and public spheres.
- Technical platforms for maintaining, promoting, & measuring governance/sustainability initiatives.
- Developing curricula and pedagogies for fostering responsible leadership / governance / ethics / sustainable development on the African continent.
- Exploring humanistic and ethical management as a vehicle towards promoting good governance practices and ethics in private and public sector African organisations.
- Public-private sector collaborations for promoting African development.
- African SMMEs and governance / ethics / sustainability opportunities and challenges.
- The informal sector and sustainable African development: opportunities and challenges.
- Governance, ethics, & sustainability: best practices / case studies / field surveys from Africa.
- Poverty and sustainability: defining the challenges and the way forward.
- Developments in business ethics teaching and practice.
- Defining the business ethics agenda for Africa: Contextual challenges and opportunities.
- Towards an African business ethics: applying indigenous institutional models, cultural norms, and Ubuntu values to business ethics.
- Managing ethics in African companies and organisations.